Football is one of the most watched sports worldwide! Sign up with a team of 5 to play. It brings together enthusiasts in a showcase of skill, passion, and camaraderie. The event is a culmination of intense competition, spirited support, and sheer love for the beautiful game.
Trophies for the winner and runner up & gold, silver and bronze medals for the top three teams will be awarded and the company that scores the highest points over the course of all the sporting events, in the tournament, wins the overall trophy.
Embassy Manyata Business Park, Bangalore
- DATE: 6th & 7th December, 2023
- TIME: 8 AM onwards
- VENUE: Tiger Five Sports Arena
Embassy TechVillage, Bangalore
- DATE: 13th & 14th December, 2023
- TIME: 8 AM onwards
- VENUE: Central Park
The matches will be played on a League and Knockout basis. Each team consists of 5 players and 2 substitute players. All players from a team must belong to the same company.
1. PLAYERS EQUIPMENT
Players must dress in proper football attire – Jersey, Shorts and stockings, shin guards and Footwear.
2. PERIOD OF PLAY
- GROUP STAGE
Each Half will be 7 minutes duration with a 2-minute break between halves (total 16 minutes)
- KNOCKOUT STAGE
Each half will be of 10 minutes duration with a 5-minute break between halves.
- Teams must report 10 minutes before the scheduled start of their game. Failure to report 5 minutes after the scheduled start time will result in a walk over.
- A minimum of 3 Players are required for each team for the match to commence.
3. FOULS AND DISCIPLINARY ACTION
The referees can take disciplinary action against players by issuing cautions (yellow cards or red cards)
- For the safety of all players, slide tackles/ dangerous play is NOT allowed.
- Players other than the Goalkeeper deliberately handling the ball inside the ‘D’ will result in a red card and penalty.
- 1 yellow card in a match results in a 2 minute suspension.
- Two yellow cards in the same match will result in the player being shown a red card and sent off for the match.
- A player sent off by a RED card will not re-enter the play.
- No substitutes allowed for the sent off player.
- Yellow cards and Red cards do not carry over to the next match.
- 2 red cards in the tournament will result in suspension for the rest of the tournament.
4. RESTART OF PLAY
- Restart for ball out of play on the side-lines and corner will be by an INDIRECT free kick in.
- Start and restart of play from the centerline will be an INDIRECT free kick.
- Balls that go directly into the goal from a sideline / corner / centre start and restart will not be counted as a goal.
- Restart of play for a foul will be a DIRECT free kick.
- Whistle or No whistle for start of play from a free kick is referee decision.
- However, for penalties, players have to wait for the referee’s whistle.
- During a free kick, opponents are to stand a minimum of 5 yards from the ball.
- Free kicks must be taken within 10 seconds of placing the ball.
- Restart of play by the Goal keeper is by an underarm thrown in as explained further.
5. PENALTY KICK
- Penalty kick will be awarded if player commits an infringement inside their own penalty area.
- The kick must be taken with ONE step run through.
6. GOAL KEEPER & GOAL CLEARANCE
- Goalkeepers cannot handle the ball outside the ‘D’
- There will be no GOAL KICK. Goalkeepers will throw/roll the ball by hand (underarm only) from inside the ‘D’ area. The ball has to pitch or touch a player within the half line.
- A goalkeeper’s throw that goes directly into the opponent’s goal will not be counted as a goal.
- Goalkeeper is not allowed to hold the ball for more than 6 seconds inside the D. If this happens, a DIRECT free kick will be awarded to the opponent
- Back pass to the goalkeeper (by foot only) –the goalkeeper cannot use hands, violation will result in a DIRECT free kick. Back pass by chest or head, the goalkeeper will be allowed to use his hands.
- If the goalkeeper catches the ball in the ‘D’ without the ball going out, the ball is deemed in Play, the goalkeeper can continue play by putting the ball down and kicking the ball and can leave the ‘D’ with the ball at his feet. But if the ball goes out then the goalkeeper can only restart play with an underarm thrown to his teammate.
- Substitutions can be made during the match by informing the referee and after the substituted player leaves the field.
- Any player can change to goalkeeper by informing the referee, including for penalty/shootout in case of a tie.
8. LEAGUE - POINTS TABULATION
- Winner 3 points; Draw 1 point; Loss 0 point.
- If a walkover is awarded to any team, the team will get 3 points and 3 goals.
- Standings after league will be based on points. In case of a tie for points, the winner will be decided in following order:
- Head to head (if only two teams are tied in the same place)
- Highest goal difference
- Highest number of goals-for
- Lowest number of goals-against
- Penalty shootout (3 penalties each)
- Sudden death (1 penalty each till a result is received)
9. FORMAT OF EXTRA TIME / PENALTIES IN KNOCKOUT STAGE
- 5 minutes each half of extra time with 2 minutes break between halves (total 12 minutes)
- 3 penalty kicks per team
- Sudden death – 1 penalty kick per side (including substitutes), till a result is reached.
- No player from either side can take a 2nd penalty till all the other players from his side have.
- Penalty kicks can be taken with just one step, a run-up will not be allowed.
10. The referee’s and event organiser’s decision will be final and if any player or team is disruptive, unruly, abusive or violent, the event organiser can disqualify the said player or team immediately.