Job Purpose: Supporting the General Counsel on legal and compliance responsibilities pertaining to the activities of Embassy REIT and its assets.
- Reviewing all contracts pertaining the acquisition of one or more assets by Embassy REIT and working with external counsel on such contracts. Leading the completion of all associated deliverables in connection with each such acquisition
- Reviewing transaction documents and negotiating with counterparties in connection with acquisition activities and other transactional activities.
- Reviewing all financing documents in connection with any debt facility obtained by Embassy REIT or its assets and working with external counsel on such documents. Leading the completion of all associated deliverables in connection with each such debt facility
- Reviewing and recommending revisions to standard lease documentation to reflect new requirements
- Tracking and overseeing all legal proceedings by and against Embassy REIT and its assets; coordinating with stakeholders and external counsel in that context
- Tracking all legal notices and regulatory proceedings against Embassy REIT and its assets; coordinating with stakeholders and external counsel in that context
- Track reporting requirements under all long term contracts executed by Embassy REIT and its assets
- Preparing updates covering legal/ compliance developments with respect to Embassy REIT
- Legal review of investor material and periodic reports pertaining to Embassy REIT
- Tracking the progress of all legal deliverables and providing regular updates to management though the general counsel
- Reviewing legal queries raised by various stakeholders and preparing responses. Coordinating with external counsel where necessary for preparing the responses
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Law graduate with at least 5-7 years experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in dealing with all regulatory authorities
- Effective verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong inter personal skills and experience in people management
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in MS Office and other reporting tools
- Awareness and understanding of legal and regulatory aspects
- Eye for details and think out of the box
- Proactive and team player