- Responsible for overall management of Indirect Tax Compliance, Planning, Litigation, Partnering with Business, Audit and Assessments, etc.
- Identify/Suggest alternative solutions strategy to ensure that there is minimal leakage of Indirect taxes
- Represent the Company before various authorities, prepare replies to SCNs, Appeals, stay applications etc. and to make representations before associations on the related matters.
- Responsible for Audits, Assessments and Litigation Management including VAT and Service tax for pre-GST period
- Ensure timely replies to all notices from tax authorities and ability and confidence to deal with senior tax officials.
- Ensure regular tracking and circulation on judgments, circulars and notifications which are directly / indirectly related to open litigations/ company’s business and create a central repository for the same.
- Keeping abreast with any changes/ amendments in the Indirect tax laws to ensure that any impact on the group companies is adequately addressed
- Ensure that all Indirect tax compliances happen accurately and on a timely basis
- Ensuring Timely filling of GST returns, compliance with GST audits and revenue audits
- Supervise updates and report the status of assessments, appeals and other verification/enquiries on a regular basis.
- Act as tax consultant/advisor to various units/divisions within the company to ensure compliance and optimization of tax cost within the legal framework. This would include analysis of the provisions of GST law in this regard.
- Ensure correct determination of GST liability and its timely deposit with the Government treasury.
- Assisting on matters relating to SEZ Act and rules and relevant compliances
- Assist the company in handling pre-GST litigations on VAT / Service Tax Excise / customs issues.
- Seek opinions and inputs from tax consultants and tax counsels.
- Assist in handling the tax litigations at various appellate levels like Commissioner (Appeals), Tax Tribunals, State High Courts and Supreme Court of India.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with 5 – 7 years of experience and minimum 4 years of post-qualification work experience in Indirect Taxation.
- Strong IDT advisory and compliance skills.
- Specialization in real estate sector with in-depth knowledge of GST, VAT and service tax laws
- Support the HOD's on financial implications and risks related to key issues & important strategic decisions
- Fully familiar with Guidelines of ICAI for conducting VAT & GST Audits.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to express relevant, technical concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Robust knowledge and experience in Indian corporate tax compliance & Indirect Tax
- Experience in tax strategy, planning and project management will be advantageous.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, to manage internal and external relationships
- Ability to work under tight time constraints and extended hours as required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills